Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

Earlier this year, I really wanted to find a great Cream of Chicken soup recipe. I use it in a lot of recipes and yes the cans are only 99.cents. but I wasn't happy with all the junk in it. So I searched for a recipe. After searching a few blogs, I found this recipe. Luckily, I loved it so much I didnt have to try any others :) I like that it's so easy and takes 5 minutes to make. I use her recipe exactly except omit poultry seasoning and paprika.


Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
recipe from Here

Ingredients: 

1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste (this will depend on how salty your broth is)
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
Directions:
  1. Stir together chicken broth and seasonings with 1/2 cup of milk. Bring to a boil.
  2. Meanwhile, stir the remainder of the milk and flour together in a separate bowl.
  3. Add a bit of the hot seasoned broth to the flour/milk mixture and stir it in to warm it up (since your milk is likely cold!).
  4. Slowly drizzle the flour/milk mixture into the hot broth, stirring as you pour.
  5. Whisk briskly until the mixture thickens and boils.
  6. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into an air tight container if you won’t be using it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment