Monday, October 29, 2012

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Potato Soup

This is going to be today's dinner. Getting ready to put it in the slow cooker right after I post. It sounds so yummy to me, I am going to only make half of it since it is only Alan and I eating...but the recipe says it freezes well so if you want to make the whole thing- go for it!

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Original recipe Here

3 1/2 - 4 lbs. Potatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic- minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Chicken Soup base
8 cups water
16 oz. Cream cheese

Place all except the Cream cheese in the slow cooker and stir. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. 30 minutes before serving cut up cream cheese into chunks and add to soup. Stir frequently to melt the cheese.

Optional toppings include...
Shredded cheese
Bacon
Green onions
Sour cream

I think I am going to serve it in a bread bowl tonight...but just a bowl would be amazing.

Will let you know how we liked it!



Review...the soup was tasty and we really enjoyed it. It was really thin so I would next time, mash the potatoes a little to thicken the soup or add some flour and butter. It would also be good with some added veggies...celery, carrots, onion. I will make it again, it was very easy and tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment